Saturday, December 12, 2015

New photos

I took the camera out this morning to practice composing some photos. I never have hiked into Stillhouse Hollow Nature Preserve in Northwest Austin, even though it is only a few miles from the house and I run or ride by this place several times a month.

The hiking was non existent. The trail is a blacktop path and less than a half mile long. It was a nice quiet walk though, and I got a couple of  nice shots.

 This morning's destination

 Found graffiti

Heart shaped cactus


After shooting a few dozen photos and playing with my camera settings, I drove over to the scenic overlook on Loop 360. I'll come back here on a less cloudy day.


 Downtown Austin from the Loop 360 overlook.

Since you have made it this far, you deserve a treat, so here is a photo of Squirrel from a few days ago. 


2 comments:

  1. Heart shaped cactus...
    GREAT PHOTO!!

    Squirrel...
    Gots himself those crazee eyes... Almost as to say "fear me human"...

    Spicewood you say??
    Spicewood Gem

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops... I mean to say "Stillwood you say?"

    ReplyDelete